Thursday, February 17, 2011

Promo Mix #1 by DJ Mertz


Here's a little promo mix put together by your's truly (DJ Mertz) to showcase some of the cuts I will be posting in the future. The entire mix is made up of records meant to be played at 45 RPM that are instead played at 33 RPM. I'm not really sure how to explain the actual sound, but it's a strange space somewhere between disco, house, hip hop and old school dub, with lots of psychedelic and trippy sounds thrown in, especially on the epic breakdowns.

No tracklisting just yet, but if there's a particular song you like from this mix, post a comment on SoundCloud suggesting which track I should make available next. The first track I've made available is "A Rave By Any Other Name." 

Oh and speaking of releasing tracks in the future. I plan to release one more track sometime on February 17th that is NOT on this mix. After that, once the two tracks and the mix combine for a total of 300 listens, I'll post another track. Then every 100 listens after that, I'll post another. The quicker people hear these cuts, the quicker I'll post new ones -- most with downloads. :D

Hope you enjoy the mix! Feedback is very welcome.

UPDATE -- To free up valuable (but expensive) space on Soundcloud, I'm moving this mix over to Mixcloud. That means no downloads. But if you missed your chance to download this mix and would like to get a copy, just leave a comment and I'll post a link.


No comments:

Post a Comment